Skip to content
COVID-19 UPDATE: Examples of Safe Work Practices Using the COVID-19 Hierarchy
- Have only critical workers return to the worksite.
- Adopt staggered hours so that fewer individuals are within the same pre-COVID-19 workspace.
- Encourage off peak time commutes to reduce physical interactions on transit.
- Turn in-person meetings into video meetings or phone calls.
- Put up moveable plexiglass between customer
- Make use of physical infrastructure such as
ropes, floor dots, and pylons to delineate spaces.
- Use every second location for customer
interactions (think retail, financial, grocery locations.)
- Create separation by moving waiting room chairs,
changing retail displays, or allowing business by appointment only (closed
- Direct single point entrance and exit points to
encourage single direction traffic.
- Separate workstations to ensure a minimum six
feet between employees.
- Turn desks 90 degrees in shared spaces to have
side to side interaction between employees.
- Wash hands frequently and make use of electronic
reminders for frequent hand washing.
- Make hand sanitizer available to all in work
- Disinfect high touch surfaces, appoint employees
to be responsible, and have a check list.
- Minimize exchange of cash by encouraging the use
of debit and credit machines.
- Make use of frequent signage to encourage social
distancing, hand washing, cough hygiene etc.
- Encourage higher standards for daily cleaning
with your subcontractors.
- Appoint a physical distancing coach who monitors
and encourages physical distancing habits.
- Encourage anyone in your work space – customers, clients, employees – to wear a cloth mask LEARN MORE
- Save surgical and N95 masks for health care
workers or where aerosolized virus can occur.